Leonard Lance -- A Principled Fiscal Conservative
MEET LEONARD LANCE
Leonard Lance record in Congress includes fighting for a strong national defense, a secure border, spending cuts and lower taxes, American-made energy and job-creating policies to get our economy going again.
CREATING JOBS & STRENGTHENING OUR ECONOMY
- Leonard Lance record in Congress includes fighting for a strong national defense, a secure border, spending cuts and lower taxes, American-made energy and job-creating policies to get our economy going again.
- Leonard Lance voted for fiscally responsible proposals that will bring growth, prosperity and certainty to our economy. And Lance has voted for proposals that lift bureaucratic hurdles, red tape, and cost burdens that have hurt New Jersey’s small businesses.
- Leonard Lance voted for a federal balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution and is the author of the Lance Amendment to the New Jersey State Constitution that prohibits further state borrowing without voter approval.
- Leonard Lance has always fought against wasteful government spending, opposing the $1 trillion stimulus, the 9,000-earmark omnibus spending bill and President Obama's $3.6 trillion budget. And Lance was one of the first Republicans to reject earmarks and authored legislation to repeal the wasteful ethanol subsidy.
REAL HEALTH CARE REFORM
- As a member of the House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee, Leonard Lance is on the front-lines in the fight to repeal and replace ObamaCare with sensible measures that include allowing insurance to be sold across state lines, improving health savings accounts (HSAs), establishing Association Health Plans (AHP) insurance pools and enacting real medical malpractice reform.
- As New Jersey's only Republican member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Leonard Lance is committed to an “all-of-the-above” American-made energy policy to help bring down fuel prices, create more jobs and reduce our dependence on foreign energy.
- Four times Leonard Lance voted to approve the Keystone XL pipeline that will bring secure energy to America, support the creation of thousands of jobs, and help bring down prices at the pump.
- Leonard Lance opposes amnesty, supports securing our borders first and requiring businesses to use the E-Verify background check system.
- Leonard Lance voted for the highway transportation law that will ensure important construction projects continue moving forward while keeping more than 700,000 construction workers on the job.
- Leonard Lance also supported the bipartisan water resources legislation that is critically important to more than 20,000 Garden State jobs and directly contributes $3.4 billion to our state’s economy.
LOWER TAXES FOR NEW JERSEY
- Leonard Lance voted to lower taxes for 99 percent of New Jersey taxpayers, voted to cut business taxes by 20 percent and cosponsored legislation to repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT).
- Leonard Lance is one of Congress' leading advocates for elimimating the "death tax.
- Leonard Lance supports a tax reform plan that calls for a simpler, flatter and fairer tax system that will restore economic opportunity and prosperity to our Nation's economy.
- Leonard Lance voted to protect American businesses from overly burdensome environmental regulations, including twice casting his vote against President Obama’s national energy tax proposal.
NO BAILOUTS; REJECT TOO-BIG-TO-FAIL
- Leonard Lance voted against the TARP bailout bill.
- Leonard Lance voted to rein in housing giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and cosponsored legislation to audit the Federal Reserve.
- Leonard Lance voted against the disastrous Dodd-Frank financial reform bill that codified "too-big-to-fail" and created a permanent federal bailout authority paid for by the taxpayers.